Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Break & How I started

Hey again! :) It's spring break and I've been having the last few days for myself (finally). Unfortunately I haven't been doing anything that I planned and my break is pretty much half over. So while I'm here, I'm going to at least give you all an update on how I'm doing: which is awful... bodybuilding wise at least. Last week I started cutting and was doing a good job with my diet. Unfortunately, food at home is too hard to resist when compared to crap cafeteria food so I've been shoving food down every five minutes. I feel bloated and nasty.

Enough complaining, I've decided to make today's post about how I got started with bodybuilding. Last time I gave a general overview of why I started and what happened along the way, but I'll explain more about how it became my life. Before we start, here's a picture of scrawny me! :) 

Pho! <3


As I stated in my first post: I used to dance. I did things such as gymnastics, yoga, and jogging to help improve, but I never got any better. Everyone at my high school knew me as the "break dancer." And I wanted to get to the world competition level. There was one thing I felt was holding me back the whole time, my strength.

It wasn't until my Junior year in high school (2008) that I had a summer job that required me to do a lot of lifting. Lo and behold, MUSCLES! :) heheheheh. It actually came pretty natural to me, my boss and other employees all noticed that I was getting bigger within the three months that I worked there. Some costumers actually asked me what gym I go to and what I do.... I felt special~~ :3 Joking, but I kind of did. Quit that job, and it would be AT LEAST six months before I started lifting in the gym.

BUT, all that year, I did what any typical Asian would do. Throw rice bags onto his back and start doing push ups, squats, bicep curls, etc. No joke, I used a f*in rice bag when I started... no excuse! >:] The program I used all that year was from: 

http://iwantsixpackabs.com/

Check it out. Its mostly all resistance band and bodyweight stuff, but its a very good starting point for anyone trying to get into lifting.

Anyways, end of senior year was approaching and I didn't get into the college I wanted. I was leaving Boston and my crew (people I danced with), and I knew that I needed to make new friends at college since I would be living on campus. I signed up for a Physical Education class where all you do is lift. I had a teacher that would push me constantly, one day he told me that he had a lot of faith in me and that I should continue lifting. For me to hear that (especially during my identity crisis), steered me in the direction of a bodybuilder.

*Quick Jump (noticed that this is getting long)* Lifted all Freshman year and I kept getting comments such as "Jimmy, your getting big!" I was so happy to hear this. All my life I was trying to find something that I'm good at, and finally I might've found it. In all my ga-jillion hours of training for dancing, I never felt like I was getting better. But finally with this, I was able to improve beyond my own expectations.

Bodybuilding became more than just being that gym rat. I stopped going to parties, I stopped eating fast foods, I only spent money on supplements, I stopped playing video games, and I stopped watching television. It became a lifestyle, one that I enjoyed. All the efforts I placed into dance was now geared towards bodybuilding, only this time I felt like I can win! >:]

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say. Bodybuilding for life! :3 Oh I've added a few things to my post, a "Qoute of the Post (I've actually got these qoutes memories ;] )" and a Question for you. Yes, I want your story and if you actually relate to me :P

Qoute of the Post

I am the man responsible for who I am. When I look in the mirror each day, I stare my creator in the eyes. I and responsible for what I have and will become, I am accountable for what I will and will not accomplish. I believe in myself, I bow to no man and my only critic of any consequences have walked every mile of this journey in my size thirteen's (eleven for me :P)

Question of the Post


How did you get started and what keeps you motivated? o.O



Update : March 14th 2012

=========================
Height: 5 ft 10 in
Weight: 210 lbs // 95.45
Bodyfat: ~20% 

No comments:

Post a Comment