Friday, May 11, 2012

Best weight loss tip: Controlling Portion Sizes

Been away for awhile, but summer just started so expect more consistent updates as well as progress pictures! :)


Also, I've been working on my blog at wordpress for my computer applications class and I'm going to start posting up things both on that site and here. So check it out! :)


Click here to view




What is the one thing that all diets have in common? Portion sizes. If you want to lose weight, you have to control how much and what you eat. Simple right? Not really.
Most people who tries to lose weight follow diets that goes to the extremes. "Cut all your carbohydrates." "Fats are bad and should be avoided." All sounds familiar? These diets are most likely to plateau and rebound to where you started (or maybe even more). I have tried these diets myself. Unfortunately, their impressive short term results were met by nasty weight gains faster than you have lost it.
To understand portion sizes, visit: This Website
A safe diet should have (by the end of the day):
45-65% of your calories from Carbohydrates
10-35% of your calories from Protein
20-35% of your calories from Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment